Song

Rainbow Connection

Preview Full Track

Lyricist: Paul Williams and Kenneth Ascher     Composer: Paul Williams and Kenneth Ascher


Why are there so many songs about rainbows?
(为什么,有那么多关于彩虹的歌?)
and what's on the other side?
(彩虹的尽头,到底藏著什么呢?)
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,
(彩虹虽总是如此鲜明具体,却只是海市蜃楼罢了!)
Rainbows have nothing to hide.
(彩虹并没有藏著什么。)
So we've been told and some choose to believe it.
(别人就是这样对我们诉说关于彩虹的一切;有些人选择听信这种说法。)
I know they're wrong, wait and see.
(我知道他们都错了,等著瞧吧!)
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection.
(总有一天,我会找出彩虹与大地的桥接处,)
The lovers, the dreamers and me.
(还有我的挚爱、梦想、跟自己。)
Who said that every wish would be heard and
answered if wished on the morning star?
(谁说当我们向晨星许愿,愿望就必然实现?)
Somebody thought of that and someone believed it.
(有人存疑、有人听信这种说法。)
Look what it's done so far.
(为何不瞧瞧亘古至今的事实呢?)
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing?
(到底是什么神奇的魔力,让我们一直仰望著群星;)
What do you think we might see?
(什么又是我们觉得会见到的呢?)
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection.
(总有一天,我会找出彩虹与大地的桥接处,)
The lovers, the dreamers and me.
(还有我的挚爱、梦想、跟自己。)
All of us under its spell, who know that it's probably magic...
Have you been half asleep and have you heard voices?
(你可曾在睡眼惺忪时,听到呢喃低语?)
I've heard them calling my name.
(我已听闻他们呼唤我的名字。)
Is this the sweet sound that called the young sailors?
(这是那个被称做 "小小水手" 的甜美声音吗?)
The voice might be one and the same.
(这声音可能从一而终、未曾改变。)
I've heard it far too many times to ignore it.
(我已听闻过太多次,以至于忽略了它;)
It's something that we're all supposed to be.
(那个告诉我 : "我想要成为什么样的人" 的声音。)
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection.
(总有一天,我会找出彩虹与大地的桥接处。)
The lovers, the dreamers and me.
(还有我的挚爱、梦想、跟自己。)