KKBOX (MALAYSIA) SDN. BHD. (“We,” the service provider of KKBOX,) takes your personal privacy seriously and complies with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia. Our Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy (the “Policy”), which explains the collection and processing of your personal data including the use of such data, as well as other important matters related to your privacy and personal data, is set out below:
Collection of Personal Data
The following is a non-exhaustive list of personal data which we collect under different circumstances and for different purposes:
- Your name, gender, date of birth, contact number, place of residence, email address (account ID), contact address, backup email address, occupation and music preferences which will be collected when you submit your application for registration as a member and/or when you use the services provided by KKBOX.
- If you connect to KKBOX via your Facebook account or any other online media or social networking services (“Third Party Service”), we may collect any of the personal data that is available or accessible from your Third Party Service account, including your name, profile photos, country which you reside in, email address, date of birth, gender, , and other personal pictures. We may verify whether your data matches those collected from such Third Party Service and will store and use such data pursuant to this Policy.
- As you purchase KKBOX services, you agree that we may collect your credit card/ debit card information and payment histories (“Payment Information”).
- When you use KKBOX service, we may collect certain information, including but not limited to:
(1) information about your use of KKBOX service, including the history of use and/or search; and/or
- To properly and promptly provide you with KKBOX service, you will be required to provide your account ID or personal contact information when using KKBOX service, for example, application to change account details, provision of users’ feedback or participation in promotion activities.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
- The personal data collected may be used for the following purposes:
- Your following data will be publicly displayed on KKBOX services:
account ID; uploaded pictures; Country; the users and artists you follow, the songs you have recently broadcasted and the song lists you have shared/saved when using KKBOX services.
- We may share with third parties comprehensive non-personal data, which means that the collected data has been sub-grouped and is not able to reflect or specify any identifiable individual.
- The data collected herein may be processed and/or used by our affiliates or business partners located in Malaysia or elsewhere including Taiwan. We will not use your personal data for any other purposes other than the above mentioned and we will not disclose your personal data to any third parties not mentioned above without your prior consent, unless required by any local laws and regulations or for purposes of compliance with any legal obligations.
(1) For the purposes of membership identification and verification; for communication purposes, for notification of promotional events, for sending you
payment reminders, award notices, payment receipt notices and invoices, for providing you with update notices related to the services of KKBOX,
and/or other users management and services.
(2) The Payment information you provide will be used to process your payment and manage your payment methods.(3) Information about your use of the KKBOX’s services and any of the technical data may be used
for purposes of improving the KKBOX services, and/or for developing new services.
(4) We also provide newsletter services and may send you marketing notices from time to time. If you do not wish to receive any newsletters or marketing
notices, you can cancel the subscription service anytime by logging into your account. If you have any problem with the settings, you may contact our
customer service based on the contact details provided below.
Management of Personal Data
- You are allowed to search, copy, correct or change your own personal data if you are a verified member of KKBOX. If you are not our member or we have yet to verify your membership with KKBOX, you will not be allowed to search, copy, correct, request for review or change any personal data provided to us. For access requests made in any circumstances other than the above, you would be required to submit a written request and provide us with the relevant personal data including your full name, identification number, telephone number and other relevant written documentation as may be necessary to enable us to verify your identity and to process your access request. If you have any question about this Policy or would like to submit a written request, kindly contact us following the contact details provided below. We reserve the right to charge a fee for the processing of any such access request as provided for by the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- We would retain your personal data during your KKBOX membership period. You may request the use or processing of your personal data be suspended or your own personal data be deleted. However, once the use or processing of your personal data is suspended or your personal data is deleted, you will no longer be able to use KKBOX service.
- We are entitled to refuse your request to change, delete or modify your personal data if such request may be harmful to the material national interests, result in impediment to the execution of statutory duties by government agencies, or cause any prejudice to the material interests of the collecting agency or third party or for any ground permitted in law including the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
Security of Personal Data
- We will provide all necessary technologies and measures to protect your personal data in order to safeguard your privacy.
- To avoid information leakage, you should keep your own personal data, account ID and password, etc. in safe custody. To avoid misuse of your personal data, you should log out or close the software or internet browser after using KKBOX service, whether or not you are using your own computer.
- You should keep your payment particulars (including credit card details) in safe custody to avoid being used by others for illegal purpose.
- KKBOX service may include hyperlinks to third parties’ websites or web pages. We shall not be liable solely or jointly for any unauthorized or unlawful use of your personal data by any of the third parties if you agree to allow those third parties or third parties’ websites to collect, process, and/or use your personal data.
- You agree to provide true and accurate information for purchases made on KKBOX service. You should notify us immediately if you are aware of any unauthorized or unlawful use of your personal data.
- You agree to provide and use lawful information when using KKBOX services and warrant that the use of such information does not infringe any third party’s rights, violate any third party’s agreement or otherwise involve in any illegal acts. We shall not be liable for any third party loss arising from the use of KKBOX service unless such loss is caused intentionally by us or is due to our gross negligence.
- We may update this Policy from time to time to comply with the relevant local privacy laws and regulations. Any changes to this Policy will be announced on our official website and you are advised to check our website from time to time.
- This Policy constitutes part of the KKBOX Terms of Service. By using KKBOX services you have consented and agreed to the KKBOX Terms of Service including this Policy. If you do not agree to any part of this Policy or any amended content, please stop using KKBOX services immediately.
- If you have any question regarding the Policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.