KKBOX INTERNATIONAL LIMITED SINGAPORE BRANCH (“We,” the service provider of KKBOX,) takes your personal privacy seriously and duly comply with the relevant privacy and personal data protection laws and regulations. Our Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy (the “Policy”), which explains what types of personal data we collect and how we use such data, as well as other important matters related to your privacy, is set out below:
By using KKBOX Service, you consent to and agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree any part of this Policy, please stop using KKBOX Service immediately.
Collection of Personal Data
- When you register as a member of KKBOX service, we may collect the following information which is of personal nature and may be used to identify you as an individual (“Personal Data”), including, but not limited to, an email address, your name, gender, date of birth, contact number, place of residence, contact address, backup email address, occupation and favorite music type.
- If you register as a member by connecting your account via Facebook or other third party services (“Third Party Services”), you agree to our collection of your personal verification data and other data that may be accessible from your Third Party Service account, including your name, profile pictures, the country you are from, email address, date of birth, gender, other photos, names of your friends, as well as other information about your social network. We may verify whether your data you provided matches those collected from such Third Party Services and will store and use all the data pursuant to this Policy.
- As you purchase KKBOX services, you agree that we may collect your credit card/ debit card information and payment histories (“Payment Information”).
- When you use KKBOX service, we may also collect certain other information involving you, including but not limited to anonymous statistics, records, and other information in relation to your use of KKBOX Service (“Non-Personal Information”),such as:
- To properly and promptly provide you with KKBOX service, you will be required to provide your account ID or personal contact information when using KKBOX service, for example, application to change account details, provision of users’ feedback or participation in promotion activities.
(1) information about your use of KKBOX service, including your history of use, and/or searches conducted by you; and/or
(2) technical data, including URL, IP address, web browser type, device type and its unique identification number, operation system, language, and time of your visit to enable certain functionality of our website.
(3) During your use of the KKBOX website and service, we may issue to any request from your computers blocks of data known as “cookies.” We may use
cookies to obtain certain Non-Personal Information, including in relation to your use of KKBOX Service. If you do not want information collected
Use of Personal Data
You agree and acknowledge that we may use the data collected under this Policy for the following purposes:
- Your Personal Data may be used for member identification, contacting you, sending payment reminders, award notices, payment receipt notices, invoices, and/or other update notices related to KKBOX services to you, other users management and services, and providing KKBOX services to you in general.
- The Payment information you provide will be used to process your payment and manage your payment methods.
- We use your Personal Data to send you newsletter services and marketing notices regarding our promotional events from time to time. You may withdraw your consent to the receipt of our newsletters and marketing notice by logging into your account to cancel the subscription service. If you have any problem with the settings, you are welcome to contact our customer service anytime.
- We will also use your Personal and Non-Personal Data for the purpose of monitoring your compliance with and enforcing any terms and conditions of use imposed by KKBOX, and monitoring the use of, or planning, researching, designing, developing, improving or marketing the KKBOX Service.
Disclosure, Sharing and Transfer of Personal Data
- In the course of or in connection with providing KKBOX Service to our customers, we may disclose, share, and transfer Personal Data to the following parties for the following purposes:
- Your Personal Data is disclosed to the above parties only for the relevant purposes as mentioned above.
- KKBOX requires that the parties whom we transfer Personal Data and our service providers implement adequate levels of protection in order to protect Personal Data. We also require that these parties only process Personal Data strictly for purposes for which we engage them for and consist with the purposes that we have described in this Policy or other purposes for which consent has been sought and obtained.
- Your following data will be publicly displayed on KKBOX services:
account ID; uploaded pictures; Country; the users and artists you follow, the songs you have recently broadcasted and the song lists you have shared/saved when using KKBOX services.
(1) Companies with the KKBOX Group for the purpose of responding to questions, concerns, comments or feedback on KKBOX Service, evaluating our
products, and services as a group, processing memberships, informing you of new KKBOX products and services that may be of interest to you;
(2) Business partners and vendors (that may be located outside of Singapore) that we work with to deliver services you have subscribed to;
(3) Industry regulators and other government organizations, as required by local laws and regulations;
(4) Courts, law enforcement authorities or other government officials, as required;
(5) Financial institutions for purposes such as facilitating payments related to KKBOX Service.
Management of Personal Data
- You may search, review. Modify, update and/or make a copy of your Personal Data by logging into your KKBOX account. If you are not our member or we have not yet verified your membership, you may request to search, review, modify, update and/or make a copy of your Personal Data by providing us with your relevant personal data and other written documentation (as may be necessary to enable us to process your request).
- We would retain your personal data during your KKBOX membership period. You may choose to withdraw your consent to KKBOX’s use, collection, sharing or processing of your Personal Data at any time. Please understand that, by withdrawing your consent to KKBOX’s use of your Personal Data, you may no longer be able to use KKBOX service.
- There may be circumstances where we will not refuse your request to update or correct or update your Personal Data, including where:
(1) the Personal Data is opinion data that is kept solely for an evaluation purposes; or
(2) the Personal Data is in documents related to a prosecution if all proceeding s relating to the prosecutions have not been completed.
Security of Personal Data
- We adopt necessary technologies and measures to protect your Personal Datain order to safeguard your privacy. Access to your Personal Data is restricted to our employees and agent on a need-to-know basis.
- We only store your Personal Data for as long as it is required for the purposes stipulated above. As such, your Personal Data will be deleted from our records upon termination of your KKBOX account.
- To avoid information leakage, you should keep your Personal Data, such as your account ID and password, etc. in safe custody. To avoid misuse of your Personal Data, you should log out or close the app/ software or internet browser after using KKBOX services, whether you are using your own personal computer/device or not.
- You should keep your payment particulars (including credit card details) in safe custody to avoid being used by others for illegal purpose.
- KKBOX service may include hyperlinks to third parties’ websites or webpages. You agree and acknowledge that we are not responsible for any loss or misuse of Personal Data, arising from access to or use of any third party website or webpage.
- You agree to use true and accurate information for purchases via KKBOX Service. You should notify us immediately if you find your Personal Data has been misused by others or if you notice something abnormal.
- You agree that the information you provide and use when using KKBOX services is lawful and does not infringe any third party’s rights, violate any agreement with third parties or otherwise involve any illegal acts. If your use of KKBOX services causes any third party’s loss, we will not be liable for such loss unless it is caused by us intentionally or due to our gross negligence.
Amendment and Effect of the Policy
- We may modify this Policy from time to time in order to comply with the relevant local privacy laws and regulations without prior notice to you. Such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified terms on the KKBOX website. Your continued access to or use of KKBOX Service shall be deemed to be your conclusive acceptance of such modified terms.
- If you have any concerns, feedback, or complaints about the use and/or sharing of your Personal Data, or any question regarding this Policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.